80's Bronco questions

I am planning on buying an ex-air force bronco of the 80's flavor, not sure which year though. It's full size, of course, with removable top. It has a 351 w/ about 75k miles, roll bar, 5pt harness's, and is slightly lifted from stock. It was used as a gravel road test vehicle and was rolled so the passenger side fender is bent down and touching the tire, but there is no signs of frame damage or suspension problems, all cosmetic issues except the shift linkage doesn't seem to be connected.

I was wondering what a fair price to pay for it would be, considering he has one identical to it he wants $800 for not damaged. and How does the shift linkage work on those? also what kind of gas milage might i expect with it? and any other important info that might be usefull

if i buy it i plan to use an engine lift to pull the fender up off the tire, and fix the shift linkage so i can drive it home

thanx!!!!

The gas mileage will kind of depend on the year as well. If it is fuel injected, it will be a little better than an older carbeurated one. Neither will get good mileage though, if you get 15 mpg with either on the highway you are doing pretty good. The best I have gotten with my EFI 94 lightning 351W is about 16 on the interstate, add 4wd and extra weight and it should be about the same since I have 4.10's. 800 bucks doesn't sound bad at all for a low mileage 351W powered bronco, hell, the motor alone is probably worth almost that if its in good shape. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.