86 150 Crankshaft bolt size??? Help!

I was wondering if anyone knows what size bolt is in the center of the crankshaft pulley on a 1986 Ford 150 302. I need to manually rotate the engine with a socket and ratchet and I can't really see whats size it is. The biggest socket I have is a 7/8 and thats too small. I need to go buy a socket tomorrow and I'm trying to do it so I don't have to buy more than one. Is it a 1" socket or bigger. Look forward to hearing from you Ford GURU's. Well Thanks in advance!! Could you email me if possible. Thank You so much!

james :o) snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com

Reply to
James Hood

The dealer should be able to tell you. I had to make a similar call when trying to find out how big the spindle nuts were on my old 2500 Suburban. Your local auto parts store may have a "loaner" set of big sockets you can use as well. I know the local Kragen has a loaner tool "library". You pay a deposit and if the tools comes back in ith no abnormal damage, you get your entire deposit back.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Thanks for the info. Its much appreciated!

James :-)

Reply to
James Hood