86 ford 302 ??

i have an 86 f-150 4x4 with 302 fuel injected engine. i want to replace the engine with a 302 high output from a lincoln sport coup. will my intake manifold from the truck motor fit on the high output 302? if not how can i go about using the 302 from the lincoln in my truck?

Reply to
joemooney

Yes. Physically this is no issue. The EEC of your 86 may not be compatible with the cam in the HO engine resulting in poor performance if any. Are you prepared to do some electonic swapping also?

dc

Reply to
Deadcarnahans

thanks dc, i kinda figured that i would need the computer and the wiring harness from the car hopefully i'll get it all hooked up soon

Reply to
joemooney

I never understood why the trucks didn't have the 5.0s with the hyd. roller cams. The torque increase would be ideal for a truck. Tear apart any mom and pop 86 Crown Vic and find a roller inside. Have fun...

DC

Reply to
Deadcarnahans