87 ford bronco2 clutch line

I have an 87 bronco 2 with a 3" body lift. I just replaced the clutch. While putting everything back together I noticed the hydraulic clutch line is not long enough to put back into place no matter how hard I pull on it. What can I do?

Reply to
mightymouse3

Is it steel or plastic?

Will a line from a full size truck work?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Its plastic, and it has quick disconnects of sorts on the ends, another of ford's better ideas.

Thing that I wonder about is it fit before he took it apart.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I think the only reason it fit before was it was pulled to its fullest extent. But because of the angle to work with, there is just no way to pull it that tight. I wasnt sure if a line from a full sized truck would work. I'll look into that. It's a plastic line, but a steel tube inside. It has to go into the hole far enough for this stupid pin to slide through to hold it in place.

Reply to
mightymouse3

I've never worked on a BRII. I knew the full size ones were plastic/metal, but not if they'd fit. ...and, they're a real bear to bleed.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

You can remove the body lift, or you can put on a longer brake line.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Check out this thread on a web board for a car that has a similar clutch setup. Someone is looking to make different lines for them since the stock design isn't generally available and folks often cut the line foolishly thinking they can get a new one later.

Mike H

In 1987 the "full sized truck" and the "Full Sized Bronco" have the same parts pieces and dimensions and clutch lines...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Yes, but HE's working on a bronco II.

Reply to