89 Aerostar clicking when cold, or first start up

Hi board :-)

I have a 89 aerostar, 3.0, 125K, and lately, the first 5 minutes of running the engine, I get a clicking sound, that some have said are a lifter, some say piston slap? it's from the top end of the engine, seems like the passenger side.

The question is, what can I do about, and if I do nothing (except baby her) will it cause other problems, or should I just live with it. I just changed the oil, running 10W40 in the colder weather, (and always) Should I engine flush? or wait, or what?

I also notice lately, a slight decline in top oil pressure... if you think about the oil gauge from this year, the pressure is right at the middle of the gauge, and it used to be closer to the L in N O R M A L - now it's more always at the M, or just below... it never falls below 1/2 way, and no where near the N or O

Is there something I can do either myself, or cheaply to get the most out of the rest of the life of this engine, besides changing the oil?

Thanks, and sorry this is so long!

Reply to
RobGute