89 Ford Ranger

I have a 89 Ford Ranger with a 2.9 V6 Fuel Injection. The trouble is that the engine stalls and the RPMs keeps changing at low speed or idle. ????????? Larry

Reply to
latv

Bad or broken vacuum line. Failing Idle Air Control.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I spent $30 and got a code reader for my 87, it paid for itself first time I used it. The thing checks a bunch of relays, reads stored codes, etc. You need one. Actron brand.

Reply to
Scott