91 Explorer

Hey group

when I shut off the ignition on my 91 explorer V6 I can here the fuel pump still running and have to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. can anyone tell me what could be causing this? it has already killed one battery,

TIA Joe

Reply to
~oddball

Your fuel pump relay is likely stuck. Find the fuse box located under the hood and give it a good smack, if that shuts the pump down a stuck relay is your problem. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanx that did it . now off to buy a relay

Reply to
~oddball