91 f250 fuel preasure

I have a 91 f250 that will not start. After checking the pressure on the rack it show 0. I checked the dead man switch under the fuse box but all is well with that. It has two tanks and the sending units must be getting power as the fuel level moves when switching from tank to tank. Dose anyone believe that both pumps could go out at the same time? I don't. But it still is not running. Any help would be great. Thank you so much. Don

Reply to
Don

In the engine area, left wheel side is a fuel pump relay, you need to check it first. There is also a eec relay that provides power to the computer, hence turning off the fuel pump relay also. Each relay is about 15 dollars and on a 90 ford were the same part number at a discount auto store. Change them both (or if you know what your doing you can apply power to the right point and activate the pump. The pumps and senders work on two separate circuits so while the switch controls them and you can see the needle move, the pump power circuit may be bad. Buy and change both relays and see. Just went through this on my dad's 90 F-25 w 460 about 2 weeks ago.

Reply to
Steve

Thank you for the help. I swapped both of the relays out first. According to the wiring diagram the fuel pumps are fused in line with the starter but I have been unable to locate that fuse. Perhaps I will try to pierce the wires to see if current is actually getting to the pumps. Have a great day Don

Reply to
Don

The fuse is lactated in the fuse box under the hood.

Reply to
LOOK2X

But beware that all the milk being "lactated" doesn't short anything out :)

Gotta love spell checkers :-)

D>The fuse is lactated in the fuse box under the hood.

Reply to
Donut

Hey it was three in the morning... give me a break!

Reply to
LOOK2X

Thank you for all the help. It turned out to be a corroded connection at the ecc relay. it is running now. Maybe I can sell it and make some room in my driveway. Have a great day Don

Reply to
Don