91 Ranger ABS Brake Problem

The brakes on my Ranger recently went out. (still had a little braking power). Replaced master cylinder and redid rear brakes (replaced cylinders and shoes). Bled system. Still only a little braking power. ABS and brake light stay lighted. Would this mean hydraulic unit needs replaced on ABS? Any other ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Jack King

Are the rear brakes adjusted properly?

Is the proportioning valve stuck so that you only have half a braking system?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Check the hoses from the hardlines to the wheel cylinders too. Had a similar problem on my old POS Suburban. ABS light on all the time and poor braking (not that it ever had anything close to good braking) Turned out it was the right front hose. Once it was replaced, everything was cool.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Some ABS systems have a specific bleeding procedure, does your Ranger and did you follow it?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Did you find out what your problem was? I'm having a similar issue right now. If you found a good resolution, email me at snipped-for-privacy@cgspam.staticcling.org

Reply to