'93 Bronco w/351 - Exhaust

Anyone have any experience with aftermarket exhaust applications that improve performance?

I just had the Aero Turbo muffler with 3" e-pipe installed. The truck now sounds neat, but I don't believe I've realized the boost in performance and gas mileage this product boasts. I'm still getting about 12 mpg.

I'm now considering replacing the 2 cats with a single aftermarket 3" cat. I was told that this will add approx. 30 horses.

Am I wasting my money?

NES

Reply to
NES

YES!

Fooled ya once, shame on them, Fooled ya twice shame on YOU!

Reply to
351CJ

IMO, changing out exhaust systems (headers, 3" pipe, less restrictive mufflers) has an impact but it is almost imperceptible under normal driving conditions. Nevertheless, it's still fun to do; everything looks niftier and as you say, it sounds pretty good. Throwing away money? Buying heroin is throwing away money. Spending on your wheels is investing in your quality of life. I think also, like cleanliness, it actually brings you closer to God. jor

Reply to
jor

Yes old john

Reply to