93 F150 4.9L Brake&ABS Light On

Today my brake warning light and ABS light came on my dash and stayed on. I realize my brake fluid level may be a little low but what does ABS light on with brake warning light indicate.

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
Kato

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:42:36 +0000, Kato rearranged some electrons to form:

Low fluid level

Reply to
David M

Reply to
Kato

|Today my brake warning light and ABS light came on my dash and stayed on. I |realize my brake fluid level may be a little low but what does ABS light on |with brake warning light indicate. | |Thanks | |Rick | |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

My 91 Ranger displays these lights as well, they are usually off when I start the truck and then they appear again a few seconds afterwards. I was told (in this newsgroup I think) that it's caused by a faulty brake fluid sensor located on the bottom of the master cylinder reservoir. This makes sense to me, as the lights began behaving this way just after I replaced the master cylinder. The attachment arrangement on the bottom of the reservoir wasn't really designed to allow easy removal of the sensor, and it may have been damaged when I was wrestling it out of there. As far as the rest of the system is concerned, the hydraulics were bled completely and the truck passed safety inspection just after the brake job was done. My mechanic explained that the braking system was 100%, and that these indicator lights are classified as "sensors" and were exempt from DOT requirements due to my make and model year. I never did find out for sure though, because I'm too terrified to ask Ford how much a new sensor is going to cost me!

Cheers

Sent to you by Ken at kenwho?@sympatico.ca Replace "who?" with "b2" to reply by e-mail

Reply to
kenb

Ken That one never occurred to me, but it makes sense. My lights behave exactly the same way. And I had the truck inspected last month with the lights showing. I may have to play with that sensor. I'll also look to see if it's available in the aftermarket.

Thanks for the info.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B