93 F150 5 litre - hard starting problem

Have had recent problems starting when cold. Almost seems to be flooded, but will start with some working of the gas pedal. It has recently had a problem with oil coming into breather from tube below oil filler cap and causing the small filter there to become sodden with oil. I suspect this is related to the hard starting but have no idea why I am getting oil or excess oil vapour thru this . It is a 93 supercab 5.0 litre auto. This has always started very well when cold in the past, have owned it for 7 years. Runs fine once it gets going. Any help appreciated..

Reply to
dave