93 f150 brake light - cruise - abs - problem

My abs light is flashing, cruise does not work and brake lights &

4-way flashers are not working. Signal lights are ok. Have checked the tail light bulbs, brake switch at pedal and the fuses in the dash panel...alll ok! These all seemed to go kaput and same time. HELP...thanks in advance!
Reply to
david

Most likely the sensor in the rear axle. Possibly a bad wire, but the sensor is usually it. Cheap and easy to fix.

Reply to
bomar

||My abs light is flashing, cruise does not work and brake lights & ||4-way flashers are not working. Signal lights are ok. ||Have checked the tail light bulbs, brake switch at pedal and the fuses ||in the dash panel...alll ok! ||These all seemed to go kaput and same time. ||HELP...thanks in advance!

Sure sounds like a brake switch to me. If you did not change it, I would do so. They are cheap. Did you look at the hole in the pedal arm through which the pin passes? If that is worn it can cause erratic switch operation. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Reply to
Bob

Found a schematic.... Fuse 13 powers the Hazards and the Brake lights, It goes into the Multi-function switch that controls everything with the turn signal switch. It also provides power into the abs module Use a test light to see if power in going into the brake light switch, (but first be sure fuse 13 is good)

Also count how many times the ABS light flashes, let us know.

Reply to
Steve

Thank you!...I had checked the fuses but managed to miss that one somehow....that fixed it .

Reply to
david

How would the brake light switch cause the 4 way flashers not to work? How about the directional signals?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I was having problems connecting all the problems with one source; I have a Chilton's CD program for my home computer and loaded it up for the schematics. (I have access to Mitchell's at work) It took 2 different pages to figure out that fuse. And if it hadn't been the fuse, we needed to see if power was making it to the brake switch, then I would have looked farther.

Reply to
Steve

FWIW

I had a 91 F150, the brake lights did not work and hitting the brake would not turn off the cruise. Ended up being a blown fusible link.

DJ

Reply to
DJ

I had something very close to the same problem on my 87 F150. Turned out to be a blown fuseable link. Due to the fact that they never put the links in the same place. I just picked up a new one, and ran a new pwr wire to the fuse block. Make sure to use a new fuseable link. Look at the wiring diagram for the fuse block, and find out if all those things get pwr from the same wire. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Mike D.