'93 Full Size Bronco A/C Question

This might be a silly question, but, does anyone know if I can replace my original A/C blower motor with one that provides greater volume? The original blower works as designed, just not enough volume to cool the entire vehicle as quickly as I'd like.

Has anyone attempted this swap successfully?

TIA Neil

Reply to
NES

Neil....this is one of those questions that falls under the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" catagory. If the blower has all the speeds it's suppose to have, then you might try adjusting the registers that control air-flow. There may very well be a fan that has more air-flow volumn, maybe from a van, but whether/not it will fit in the designed space could be a problem. You might try removing the blower and cleaning the vanes.....maybe a little 3 in 1 oil may help. Try the fordtrucks dot com forum site for this question. There is a group for hvac at the forum site.

Hope this is of some use........

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

And in a more general sense...has it been serviced by an AC tech any time recently? Most of the AC units I have seen, when running properly, can just about put frost on the outlets. If it is not producing cold enough air, it could be low on coolant, or, there could be a compressor seal issue. I would have them checked out first before looking to replace the blower fan. I also want to second the previous posters suggestion about checking for blockage. It is amazing how much junk can build up on the fins of the heat exchanger, and, how much a mal-adjusted control door can slow down the cooling. Good luck. Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Thanks for the input. My A/C blows plenty cold, so I hesitate having anyone touch it. I know if I do, that's when I'll start having trouble with it. Maybe I'll look into blocking the back of the vehicle off with a clear plastic sheet or something of that nature.

Thanks again.

Neil

Reply to
NES