'93 Ranger rear spring mount

My '93 Ranger, bought off the lot in '93, recently had a spring mount rust out and fail behind the right rear wheel. The exhaust system is still original and in good shape. Is this common, and should there have been some kind of rustproofing from the factory that would've kept the frame in better shape for a few more years? At least outlive the exhaust system? I take fairly good care of the truck and don't let salt and mud build up anywhere I can spray out at the carwash. Anyone else have a similar situation?

LB

Reply to
Spudz®

Yes, very common. I have the same situation with my 93, in fact I still have the original battery and exhaust and had to replace the spring mounts. My brother-in-law has one and had to replace them. Other than that, my truck has been great. In 10+ years, I did that, a little front end work and a radiator. I'm not complaining.

Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua

Not many complaints here either. The clutch went out at about 80k and the fuel pump relay went part time a year or so earlier, but everything else was normal wear. I do have a rusted oil pan tho'.. Thanks for the note.

LB

Reply to
Spudz®

2.3 or 3.0? I went for the 4.0, it's a little buzzy, but so far so good!
Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua

3.0, didn't want to wait to order one (you know about hindsight!) .. but mileage is still great and it runs as good as the day I got it without any tune-ups, besides plug wires and dist. cap & rotor.
Reply to
Spudz®

The 3.0 is a great motor, I've seen them go over 300k! I gotta say, my Ranger has manual everything (windows, locks, transmission, hubs) and no A/C and I still love it. Just put a CD player in it and plan to keep it til it doesn't roll!

Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua

Same thing happened on my 93 F150. Also happened to a friend, again a 93 F150. I think the mount was made of a defective material.

Reply to
john