94 F150 AC Problem

My AC compressor clutch will not energize. Fuse is ok, there is 12v at the switch but not at the plug on the compressor clutch. Where can I get an electrical drawing showing the path for this circuit? Have a repair manual but does not show this circuit.

thanks

Ted

Reply to
Ted_n_Heber

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:48:39 +0000, Ted_n_Heber rearranged some electrons to form:

Is there any refrigerant in it? I think there's a pressure switch that will keep it from operating if it's low.

Reply to
David M

The cycling switch on the accumulator also acts as a low pressure cutout. if you're low on refrigerant, you'll have no compressor action. Pull the plug off the accumulator switch, jump it and see if the compressor comes on. If so, head to an authorized place for A/C service

Reply to
Steve Barker

You probably have a switch problem. There is a high and low pressure switch that prevent the system from operating if either condition exists. If you went to an AC shop, they would know within a minute or two if you actually had a pressure problem, or had a faulty switch. Replacing one or the other switch will certainly create a problem for the AC system that will require the AC shop to correct, or you would not be asking us what to do.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland