'94 Ranger Sound System Help

My friend has a 94 ford ranger, and until today the sound system has worked completely fine. today he turned his truck off (while the radio was still on) and then turned the ignition back to 'on' so he could continue listening to music. but now there is no sound from any speakers. the radio comes on and the display shows normal functions, but there is still no sound. can anyone offer any suggestions on how to fix this? we've already checked fuses and disconnected and reconnected the battery, to no avail. (it is a base model stereo...tape deck + radio, no premium sound)

thanks, almfreak

Reply to
almfreak

The fuses you checked deal with power being supplied to the radio itself. These fuses are obviously okay because you say the radio comes on and displays the station setting.

Your radio is suffering from an internal problem.

PS It is okay to turn the ignition OFF and ON while the radio is already switched ON.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland