95 F150 4X4 pulling

I have 95 4x4 with manual locking hubs when I put it in 4wd the truck started pulling hard to the right. I tried unlocking and locking the hubs again but it continued to pull. Once I took the truck out of 4wd the truck stopped pulling but it did seem to hesitate some. When I unlocked the hubs and drove the truck was perfect no pulling? I dropped the truck off this morning to get looked at does anyone have any idea what it could be and was the cost I am looking at?

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
Pat_RI

Can anyone help?

Reply to
Pat_RI

Are you sure both hubs were locked? Were you on dry pavement when you shifted to 4wd?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Pat_RI

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:09:05 -0800, Pat_RI rearranged some electrons to form:

Sounds like one of your hubs (left one) wasn't locked.

Reply to
David M

If you were driving in the snow and both hubs were in the locked position (did you visually check?), if one side gets more traction than the other, it will pull to that side.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Pat_RI

Possibly, though if one hub is unlocked, the differential would absorb the torque difference, unless you have a limited slip or locking diff. With the hubs locked, try rotating the axle U joint in the steering knuckle... if you can rotate it when the hub is in the locked position, you need a new hub lock.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo