95 Ford Ranger - fuel filter

Hi, last night I tried to change the fuel filter on my 95 Ford Ranger. Go the one line removed (towards the tank), but was unable to remove the connection on the front of the fuel filter. What is the trick to do that?

Per Chilton's manual this connector type is called "duckbill" clip fuel fitting.

I appreciate any suggestion you might have - thanks!

Klaus

95 Ford Ranger 76,700 miles (recently purchased)
Reply to
Klaus

I have not done this but my Haynes manual says you may need a fuel line coupling disconnect tool.

Robin

Reply to
Robin Henderson

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:53:06 -0400, Klaus rearranged some electrons to form:

Go to Autozone and get the disconnect tool. They should know what you need... it's a tool to release the spring inside the connector. It is a little plastic thing that slips over the fuel line and into the connector, releasing the spring.

Reply to
David M