'95 Ranger seat bolt

I recently took my '95 Ranger XLT 4x4 into the dealership where I bought it for some body work and to have the front seat repaired. The hinge facing the drivers side door that the seat pivots on has two bolts that attach the backrest portion of the seat to the hinge plate. One of these bolts had sheared off allowing the seat to flop forward on the remaining bolt. This bolt has a shoulder that fits through the hinge plate, the dealer replaced it with a standard bolt without the shoulder and now my seat squeaks intolerably. I have already had the truck back once and have simply decided I will not use the dealership for any further work. Any ideas where I might find one of these bolts other than the obvious wrecking yard?

Robin

Reply to
Robin Henderson

I would buy it from the dealer

Reply to
Steve Parker

McMaster-Carr at

search for shoulder bolt.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom
.

'95 Ranger seat bolt Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Sep 30, 2003, 1:57pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@excite.com (Robin=A0Henderson) I recently took my '95 Ranger XLT 4x4 into the dealership where I bought it for some body work and to have the front seat repaired. The hinge facing the drivers side door that the seat pivots on has two bolts that attach the backrest portion of the seat to the hinge plate. One of these bolts had sheared off allowing the seat to flop forward on the remaining bolt. This bolt has a shoulder that fits through the hinge plate, the dealer replaced it with a standard bolt without the shoulder and now my seat squeaks intolerably. I have already had the truck back once and have simply decided I will not use the dealership for any further work.

Any ideas where I might find one of these bolts other than the obvious wrecking yard?

The Dealer you will never use again?

Scrib Abell ~~never say never~~

Reply to
Scribb Abell