96 F-150 90,000 mile maintence

Hey all,

I've got a 96 F-150 XL with the V-8 (the "smaller" one, is it a

4.9L?), manual transmission and 4X4 (manual locking hubs).

I bought the truck off eBay a year or so ago with about 76,000 miles. The truck is nearing it's 90,000 mile mark and I'd like to take it in and get the full 90,000 mile workup done. I figure this won't hurt to make sure the truck is in good shape overall even though it's run wonderfully for a year, and is a good idea since I'm planning on keeping the truck for a while.

I've always been a Lease-New-Car guy so I've never taken a vehicle in for this type of service. Would you recommend taking the truck into the dealership (stealership?) for this work, or a good independent shop? I've taken cars into the local Tuffy for brake work and they have always been very fair to me (including telling me once my brakes were fine when the dealership told me I needed new front and rears). But curious your impressions.

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to
Matt Fuerst

If you are changing the fluids and servicing the hubs, You say it's running good, so I'd wait for the 100,000 mile checkup. That's the biggie where you get new plugs etc.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J