96 F150 inline 6 will not pick up fuel, It starts but won't rev up?

This is my dads truck and it has 550,000 + miles on it. It has been well maintained but it just started this strange problem. He will crank it at times and has no problem at all but it seems to becoming more and more of a issue. When it starts I can hear the intake trying to pick up fuel but it won't and then the idel becomes rough and at times it stalls other times after a few seconds it slowly picks up to a normal idel. any ideas?

Reply to
GDTISME223

At Thu, 12 Sep 2013 02:17:55 +0000, GDTISME223 rearranged some electrons to write:

Bad IAC.

Reply to
David