96 F250 Dual Fuel Tanks Check Valve

I have a '96 Ford F250 - 460 5 speed with dual gas tanks. Running of the rear tank provides fuel for the engine and raises the amount of fuel in the front tank. I assume there is a reverse flow check valve(s) somewhere. Is it built into the in-tank fuel pumps or is there an external valve? Both fuel pumps provide the correct fuel pressure at the fuel rail and the truck runs fine.

Thanks,

Reply to
John Q Public

To answer your question, the check valve is in the pumps. Your front pump is bad.

Reply to
Steve Barker