96 F350 alternator

This morning while on the freeway I noticed the alternator light flickering and the battery needle wavering just a touch. Pulled on the headlight switch and it quit. Later while puttering around town I let it do it again. Doesn't do it anymore in my driveway. I'm guessing that the rectifiers in the alternator are cooking, and don't really want to have to get an expensive 95 amp alternator just yet due to an existing financial crisis. It has an internal regulator and supposedly non serviceable rectifier. Any particular thing in the alternator I should be looking for? I'm no stranger to alternator rebuild, I've just never had to dig into this one before.

Reply to
carl mciver