96 Ranger stumbles

96 Ranger 2.3 5 speed New autolite double platinum plugs, new wires about 10K miles ago. Fuel filter air also not very old. The problem started just recently with stumble/hesitation from idle to accelerate. Seems to be worst when first started for the day . Also some times, not all the time.... it feels like it is about to die when at a light waiting. I would appreciate advise to a possible problem. Thanks!
Reply to
Eagle Creek

Sounds like carbon build up, just like my 99 Ranger 2.5. Have somebody clean the fuel injectors, throttle body, etc.. Also make sure the egr valve is operational.

Reply to
mike2711

Also you might check and clean the MAF sensor. I had something similar and there was small piece of something wrapped partially around one of the resistors looked like it was a piece of plastic from the air box that might of came off when I replace the air filter once. Removed it cleaned with Electronics part cleaner good as new.

One thing to remember do not touch the resistors they are very fine and break easy.

Jerry P

Reply to
Jerry P

Loose or disconect vacuum line will do it too.

Reply to
invalid unparseable