98 ford expedition possesed

i have a expedition where everything seems crazy .when my driver side window doesnt work my speedometer doesnt work causing hard shifting and the start up lights go off and on on the dash board and when it idles the starter tries to start the truck and my new battery dies over night. somedays its fine when my widow works it runs fine.. i know there is a draw somewhere or the computer is bad has anyone had this problem

Reply to
keith hutchings

Weird widespread electrical problems are sometimes associated with a bad ground. Start with the battery cables and make sure all your grounds are good. Particularly look at the negative battery cable - it some cases these have deteriorated internally, while looking OK on the outside.

Another cause of weird widespread electrical problems is flood damage. This truck hasn't been under water has it? Are you the original owner?

Reply to
C. E. White

You probably have a bad GEM, Generic Electronic Module Every circuit in the interior runs thru it from the dome light to the gauges. It's up under the dash on the firewall, and the most common cause for that is a small leak around the windshield which has allowed water to drip and damage the GEM circuits. Replacing only the GEM without fixing the source of the leak will only bring a repeat failure.

CJB

Reply to
CJB