98 Mazda B4000 5spd will hesitate / stumble on light load

If you shift up to the next gear too soon or slow down in a gear then try to accelerate....the truck seems to cough / hesitate / buck until you ease off the gas or the speed picks up .. my MAF ?

Have 129K and already changed the fuel filter and added injector cleaners

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Reply to
ndccpf1

It's the plug wires. It could possibly be another ignition component, but the wires are the best place to start. What's happening is that high cylinder pressures during "lugging" make just a little more electrical resistance in the spark gap, and your wires start leaking electricity.

Reply to
Joe

I figured it might be that too. I will then try that this coming weekend as a new set should be cheaper than a new MAF sensor (assembly)

Reply to
ndccpf1

Reply to
ndccpf1

junkyard parts=junkyard performance. How in the world would you know if the part you put on was any good? Why not just go have it properly diagnosed?

Steve Barker

I'd look for a vcuum leak.

Ed

Reply to