''98 Ranger Fuel Filter

All;

My 98 Ranger, 4 cyl, 2.5L, fuel filter seems to be installed in a way that I am not familiar with.

How do you get the damn thing off?

Thanks for any help.

Bradley

Reply to
flying circus

Check out one of your local auto parts store for the special tool needed to remove it.

Reply to
screwloose

Screw;

I will check thanks. Do you happen to know what the tool is called?

Reply to
flying circus

Changed my a few months ago and it was real easy. Get the tools used for AC/Fuel connections (Package of about 5 plastic rings). Pick the one that fits best 5/6" or 3/8" (Don't remember which) and push the rib on the plastic ring towards the filter. The metal tubing will be slide off when you get it right. The tubing just slides onto the new filter and clicks when connected. Remember to take the pressure out of the line by disconnecting the fuel pump and running the starter for a few seconds. There is a cut-off switch under the panel in front of the passangers kick. Remember to connect it back up before starting. Hope this helps.

Reply to
DVANJR