98 Ranger replace heater box (plenum)

Need to replace this. Want to do it myself. Not sure if mechanical enough. Have done timing chain on another vehicle. Done brakes, calipers, tie rod ends, shocks, fuel pumps, water pumps, radiator replacement and plenty of misc. I understand that the dash has to be pulled out. I am scare of airbag. Would appreciate any info or advice. Especially on disconnecting passenger side air bag.

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
Jack Coppess

R U saying you want/nwws to r/r the plenum system or the heater core??

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

No temp control. Always full heat no matter what position vent heat defrost. AC Max works normal. I understand it is the blend door on heater box. Whole heater box (plenum) needs replaced.

Reply to
Jack Coppess