99 F150 power door locks

Auto door locks quit working. I changed the battery in the remote entry device on my keyring. They try to lock/unlock but cant seem to work. Thank's for reading my post and offering suggestions.

Reply to
D Harper

The actuators in the door(s) are shot. I replaced one in my Superduty Crew Cab last year. Not a hard job at all, but the units are not cheap.

Reply to
bomar

I replaced mine with aftermarket ones ... about $10 a piece. Just install the actuator in line with the rod and connect the pigtails to the existing wiring (watch your polarity) and for less that the price of one OEM unit you can power up 15 trucks LOL. I went through 8 OEM units in total in my super duty and they gave me a grand total of 4 years. These aftermarket have lasted 2 solid years and sound as good as they day I installed them. OH BTW : I left the OEM units connected as they were. No sense doing more work than you have to. And watch the unit doesn't foul into the window mechanism. Makes a mess! Check out

for some further ideas

Reply to
Peter