99 F150 starting problem

I parked the truck one day and decided to move it. I turned the key and nothing happened ( i.e. no start or even attempt to start and no fault lights of any kind ). I turne dthe key off and there was a ticking sound coming from the left side of the dash.

I checked in the engine compartment and the battery voltage was fine ( measured on the cable clamps ).

I remved the negative cable for about 30 seconds and then reconnected it.

After that the truck has started fine.

Any ideas what the problem was/is?

GH

Reply to
GH

Airbag countdown? Run, don't walk.

I checked in the engine compartment and the battery voltage was fine ( measured on the cable clamps ).

I remved the negative cable for about 30 seconds and then reconnected it.

After that the truck has started fine.

Any ideas what the problem was/is?

GH

Reply to
wws

How about an incomplete ground connection? Either a loose cable connector or a dirty post or connector...

DaveD

Reply to
Dave and Trudy