99 f250 auto hubs

Having trouble going into 4 wheel drive,has auto lock hubs,I pulled the hubs off pass side looks ok knob turns ok had lube and clean on inside,driver side knob hard to turn,dry like no lube at all,I put them in a bucket of transmission fluid,pass works real good driver side is still very hard to turn knob,any help would be great,also where do hubs get there lube?

Reply to
Tom

Original hubs?? My guess is they needed replacing

Reply to
Dave Lee

Reply to
Tom

So you already know how they come off :-) The Superduty autolock hubs are a poor design where the seals fail very easily and allows moisture in and siezes everything up. I agree with your other thread, install manuals.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo