99 ford ranger dash lights

I have a 99 ford ranger with a dash light issue. I bought the truck reciently and it had a set of white guages in it that just layed over the factory black ones. Only half of them worked so I cut the power and ground wires that were attached to them and then folded them so as the exposed ends wouldn't touch anything and taped them off. Well that was

2 days ago and now I have no dash lights. I have looked at all the fuses by the drives side door but can't find one that is burnt out or anything. I would like to fix this myself but if it is something I will have to take it to the shop for so be it.
Reply to
badstitch