'99 Ranger Cargo Light

Greetings...

Is there such a thing as a 'cargo light' on the Ranger? I had a center brake bulb burn out and I noticed that there were bulbs in the 2 outer sockets (same as brake), and for the life of me I can't find a way to turn the cargo lights on. I've been through the manual cover-to-cover with no luck. The only thing I find about 'cargo lights' is the replacement bulb number.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks...

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Treat each day as if you believed it were your last... One of these days you're going to be right!

Reply to
Mike Schatz

Usually they go on with the dome light.

Reply to
JimV

Should be controlled the same as your dome light. Open the door or turn the switch on your dash. For my F150 I picked up a spare "third stop/cargo light" assembly on ebay identical to the one on my truck and mounted it as the high-mount stop light in the cap for my truck. I wired the two cargo lights into my backup lights so it is easier for others to see that I am in reverse when I've got a trailer on.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Thanks to those who responded, but unfortunately neither are correct. You see, the Ranger doesn't have a dash switch for the dome light, only the one for varying the brightness of the dash lights; the dome light has it's own switch.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Schatz

Turn the brightness knob up all the way. There is a detent at the end of the switch. This will turn on the interior light and the cargo light. At least it does on my 2000 SC.

Reply to
gw

Have a '99 Ranger and that's how the cargo lightes work on my truck.

Reply to
Lee

Gang...

There's egg on my face! I was able to turn on the interior lights AND cargo lights by moving the brightness wheel all the way up. I guess I was just being too tentative about forcing the wheel past the initial stop.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Schatz