99 RANGER, PINGING, MAF SENSOR, &cŠ

Got the torx bits for the screws & some carb cleaner and cleaned those MAF babies up today. A new air filter helps some too I'm sure. No more pinging, though power is still not impressive. But I do have the flex fuel/small block 6 in there, so?. I'll try switching to reg octane and see how it does. If I can get by on reg it will be progress. Super is $2.10 out here.

I also replaced the windshield wipers. Most likely have no effect on the pinging, but it improved my morale, and after reading how burned out brake lights can affect idle, ya just never know.

Ever notice how your car runs better with the stereo cranked up rilly loud?

Thanks to everyone for all the great info. I'm getting a good education here. I appreciate it very much.

Aloha!

Reply to
J.J. Brinks