'99 Ranger turn indicators intermitant problem

Once in a while when trying to indicate a left turn, the indicators do not work - they do not flash on and off as they should. I am suspecting a contact problem somewhere in the circuit - if there was a burnt out bulb I think they just would not work period in that direction. Right?

Usually if I crank the steering wheel a turn each direction things smarten up. So far, before the problem gets worse, I fear.

Any history with this or any tips on where it might be?

Thanks,

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth