A/C feature on a 250

I just discovered something interesting on my 250. The climate control knob, where you select either max a/c, a/c, vent, off, floor/vent, floor, or defog, has a really cool twist. When I select the vent/floor setting, and have the dial set to the coldest part, cold air (as in A/C) comes out of the dash vents and the floor vents. I played with it a bit, and the compressor seems to turn on when I put it in this spot. It does work when I have it on a/c or max a/c, so what is going on?

Reply to
My Own Little Universe

The compressor is only off in the 'dash vent' and 'floor vent' only settings.

Reply to
Mellowed

Sounds like it is working properly.

Reply to