ABS light on..2000 F250 SD

While driving back from Lead Hill Arkansas, (yes!! that means I just got a BTS tranny!!! And it rocks!) my ABS light came on after stopping at a rest area.

When I crank it up it goes through everything normally, but as soon as I start driving the light comes back on and stays on.

I figure it is either a sensor at one of the wheels or the VSS, but from what I've read on the Diesel Forum it sounds like if the VSS is faulty I would also have some speedometer errors, which I do not have.

So, I think the problem is an ABS sensor. How do I check them to see which one is bad or if all of them are OK?? Or does it sound like it might be another problem? Is it possible that I need brake pads? I did notice a small amount of brake squealing a day or two before this happened....

What do any of you guys think?

Thanks, John

Reply to
johnH

If it was the sensor on the differential, you'd have speedo problems, probably a wheel sensor on the front. Find somebody with a code reader.

Reply to
Chris Hill