ABS light stays on

I have a 2000 Ford Expedition with about 56K miles. I have had the brakes replaced and also had new tires (due to the recall) replaced around 30K miles. Soon after having my tires rotated a while ago, I noticed a problem in that my ABS dash light lights up (as all other dash warning lights did) when I start the vehicle and then go out, but as soon as I release my foot off the brake pedal, the ABS light goes on again and stays on. That's the only one that reactivates. The brake light is not on. I also had a local auto parts store check the vehicle computer by plugging in their code reader (or whatever it's called) and the system read 'pass' with no error codes appearing. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Reply to
mike s

I'd go ask the folks who screwed up the ABS doing the rotation, but you'll probably not make much progress with them.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Where any rotors replaced during the brake job?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Yes, both of the front ones. This vehicle has 4 wheel disc brakes and is a 2WD.

Reply to
mike s

This is why I asked, if your front end uses wheel bearings like times past, the tone rings are pressed on the inside hub area of the rotor. I have seen cases where the tone rings were pressed on too far, or were not the same as the oem. If your rig has hub bearings and uses hat style rotors, it wont apply. Just a thought here.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

To note; alot of the times the ABS light stays on like that is because there's air in the system and it hasn't been bled properly. I'd try bleeding the brakes first.

Whitelightn> >

Reply to
Uncle Banas