ABS problem- 2002 F-150

The ABS light is on solid. The manual says soild light means the ABS system has been automatically de-activated, brakes work fine but no ABS. How can this be reset? Any ideas on why something like this would trigger? Thanks.

Reply to
Demon

Hellooooooooooo. Is this thing on?

Reply to
Demon

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 07:18:28 +0000, Demon rearranged some electrons to form:

Check brake fluid level.

Fix whatever's broken.

Reply to
David M

The fluid is full, there is nothing mechanically broken. The computer just de-activated the ABS system. Will the negative cable off the battery for 30 seconds reset the system?

Reply to
Demon

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:41:40 GMT, "Demon" wrote in alt.trucks.ford:

Not sure if it applies to Ford, but a buddy of mine just had a similar problem with his Dakota, turned out to be a differential mounted speed sensor.

David - '03 KTM200 EXC djones LSidaho.com

IdaSpode

The ABS system has a fault somewhere, might be a $30 sensor or a $500 ABS pump assembly.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:41:40 +0000, Demon rearranged some electrons to form:

Wrong. Something is broken. That's why the light is on, the ABS computer detected a fault. Get Autozone (or some similar place) to hook a scan tool to it. If you have the 4-wheel ABS then it should be the same connector as the powertrain (OBD-II connector). Once you know what code is set, you will know what to replace.

Reply to
David M

DavidM, thank you for elaborating. The "Fix whats broken" line didn't help me out any...... my crystal ball was out of service. I only said nothing is mechanically broken because the brake system works fine. I've never owned a vehicle with an ABS system on it. I'll tell him to go with the scan.

This is a friends truck, who does not have a computer so I'm helping him out, BTW it's an XTR 4x4.

Reply to
Demon