AC always on?

I have a 2005 Ranger 3.0 V6 and it seems like the air vents are putting out some very cold air even though the AC is off. Anyone else notice this on a O5? Also can see a pool of water in my drive way which I assume is from the AC, however the AC was not used. Will mention this to the dealer when I go in for my first oil change. Martin

Reply to
Martin

Is the selector slider set to defrost? If so, the air is supposed to be on, even in the winter. It helps remove moisture in the air to clear your windshield.

Reply to
Lance LaFrinier

No. It was set to blow out the dash vent and the floor. Martin

Reply to
Martin

Martin,

See the thread I had up a few days ago titled "General AC question" and it has some interesting tid bits in it. I guess, which I noticed also, is that the compressor stays on except for 2 positions on the newer models. Panel and OFF and I think floor. It's normal. Didn't make sense to me either when I bought my F-250...

Regards,

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Doug, Thanks for the info. Martin

Reply to
Martin

In my older Ford the AC is on in 4 positions: AC, Max AC, Defrost and Bi-Level. It is only off in Floor, vent and off positions.

Reply to
I. Care

I'm glad I have an "even older". The "Blue Button" lets you choose AC in any setting.

Reply to
nobody <"" spam.info

I think it's just that nip of fall in the air..... Feels like football weather!

Reply to
Joe

ever notice how when things get "smarter" they are really more retarded. when was it decided that A/C is best in almost every position, regardless of temp settings. I got fed up with the poor milage (-1 to -4mpg) the A/C compressor gave me since it was almost always on (at 10deg or 110deg) so I finally wired in my own on/off "blue button". with the amount of driving I do, I estimate I save $3-$8 a week. for 30mins of work and a $2 switch its well worth it.

Reply to
xmirage2kx