AC Question Explorer

1995 Explorer. 4.0 etc When ac is turned on you hear the engine rev up and down but the compressor does not activate could be low refrigerant or something else. Any clues as to where to look or what to look for?

Thanks In Advance,

Tim

Reply to
Tim G

Ok I bypassed the low side pressure switch for the clutch. The compresser came on and I put a gauge on it and it showed in the need charge range. I put some leak detector in it and no leaks. Fill system and showed full on gauge. But when I went to plug the switch back in didn't work. do these things go out often? Anyway a simple fix and 15 bucks to boot.

Tim

Reply to
Tim G