Accidenally lost all my AC refrigerant!

I had a motor vehicle accident and smashed up the front of my 2002 Ranger. All the refrigerant rapidly leaked out and it started blowing hot air. I turned off the AC and haven't used it since, but am wondering about the repairs. Will a new condensr coil and refill be enough, or should I worry about other parts?

Reply to
mcalister

Since the system has been 'open', it will be full of moisture. Condenser and accululator/dryer will have to be replaced. The orfice tube should also be looked at/ replaced while the system is down.....they aren't expensive. The system will have to have a vacuum pulled on it to get the moisture out and make sure it's leak-tight. Once all that has been accomplished, then the refridgerant can be installed. Make sure you follow the instructions concerning installing oil in the new accumulator/dryer. Use new 'O'-rings on the new parts.

Hope this is of some use......

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt