After Market Cruise Control for F-150

Hello all. I have a 2003 F-150 with a manual transmission. It is a base model truck and I was looking for a good after-market cruise control kit to install in it. Has anyone ever tried one of these? I am concerned about it not performing properly, like dropping speed drastically on inclines or not shutting off properly. Has anyone ever tried one of these or have any recommendations on a good one I could purchase?

Thanks

Reply to
Big Wes

I had some years ago. With a manual transmission it should be easier to have any of them maintain speed, even the simple ones that run off engine rpm. With an automatic transmission you have to have a real speed signal due to slip in the torque converter. Although with today's lock up converters it might not be as much of a problem. To make installation easy you'll want one that has a long cable from the servo so that you don't have to try and shoehorn it in right by the throttle body.

Having done this twice before I would not bother installing one again, I just didn't get enough use out of it to be worth all the trouble of installing it. YMMV

Reply to
Ashton Crusher