Air pressure sensor question

I have a 2004 Explorer with a warning light on the dash that alerts me to low air pressure in any tire.

How do these things work?

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe S.

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:39:13 -0400, Joe S. rearranged some electrons to form:

Ummm... it senses the air pressure in the tires via wheel-mounted sensors, and communicates that back to the computer, which lights the indicator if one of your tires is low......

Reply to
David M

Our 03 Freestar minivan didn't use pressure sensors, it used a variation on the ABS idea...it used the ABS signals from each wheel to determine an average wheel speed differential while driving, and if any tire ran on average faster than the others, that would indicate a loss in diameter, ergo a loss in air pressure.

We drove to D.C. when the damn thing lit up, after the fifth time I checked the pressure on the Ohio Turnpike I decided it was a false alarm, since the pressures were alway spot-on. But I couldn't figure out how to reset the thing, you have to turn the key a few times, press the dash disply button a few times and say fifteen Hail Marys, or something....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Mike