Alternator

Does anyone know what is the largest alternator I can put on an e350 1987? I have asked around at garages and can't get a real answer. The reason I want a big one is that it is on a motorhome. GeoffP

Reply to
Geoff

GeoffP

Come on "geoff" Don't be such a cry baby. Where you a middle child? LOL! Geoff (correctly capitalized)

Reply to
GeoffP

I forgot. It has a 460 Geoff

Reply to
GeoffP

Geoff,

I don't know if this will be of much help, but in the mid-80s many ambulances were Ford E-350s with 460s in them. The last 460 powered ambulance our department ran was an '85. It had a 165-amp Leece-Neville with an external regulator. Despite the high heat conditions under the hood, the alternator did provide good service. Please note however, that a Leece-Neville alternator is typically note a cheap option. You might want to contact Van's Electric in the Indianapolis, IN area. They seem to specialize in high output alternator conversions for a wide range of applications. You should be able to find contact information for them on the web. Hope this helps!

Reply to
Gary Picha

"GeoffP" snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote in news:CL6be.845 $ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Your use of my email address is a violation of Sympatico's TOS. Why don't you check with them if you don't believe me, asshole.

Reply to
geoffp

Thanks Gary

Reply to