alternator light stays on

First thing I checked was the alternator belt for looseness and it seems to be fine. The battery voltage registers 12.4 volts with engine off and 14.6 volts with engine running. I tried a different voltage regulator, checked and cleaned charging system connections under the hood. This is on an '84 f150 4x4 with a 302. I should also mention that a few weeks ago I had problem with the heater blower. That turned out to be a wire grounding out on a brace behind the dash panel. The fuse box was also damaged so I replaced it, before that I had no dash warning lights that ever worked. I am not sure if this is related or not but the brake warning light also stays on. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Reply to
Racin