Are Bronco II wheels the same as F-150 wheels?

Need some plain steel wheels for my 1988 Bronco II (had stupid crome getto wheels I threw out)

Junkyard guy says wheels from a 1983 F-150 truck are the same and wants to sell me these. 15 inch. $ 15 each

Are these the same as original Bronco II wheels or is he FOS?

thank you.

Reply to
Tom Levigne

he's FOS

take your truck out and have him try one

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Methinks I'd never buy from that junkyard.. unless the guy didn't hear the "II" part. "Big" and "Original" Broncos will take F150 rims.

The B II wheels are "5 on 4 1/2" (5 holes on a 4 and a half inch bolt circle).

F150 rims in '83 are "5 on 5 1/2". Definitely a "no fit".

If you want "exact"; you'd need another BII or 4WD Ranger as a donor. If "close but Ford" works; Explorer/Mountaineer rims fit (but are usually alloy rims). Older FoMoCo fullsize/midsize passenger car rims would probably work; but definitely need to be 15" and need a test fit. There are a lot of "Non-Ford" options; but anything else may not clear the disk brakes; may have the wrong center hole size; and/or may cause tire rub from incorrect offset.

Strange where you find this bolt patterm; older Volvos; Toyota 2WD pickups; Studebakers; and (IIRC) older Jaguars.

One "known fit" is the 7 3/4" wide Dodge/Plymouth "copcar" rim from the late '70s to about 1990. Offset/center/brake clearance are all correct; but there is no way to predict tire clearance except a test fit. I can verify this one personally; I'm running them on an '88 B II.

I'd suspect that rims off Dodge 1/2 ton 2WD pickups (and possibly the

4WD) from about '70 on up would work-- but try before you buy.
Reply to
nobody

Yes, these are the numbers I measured on mine ('90 BII, '93 F-150).

Speaking of ... where are you (the OP) located? I would be happy to sell you my set of wheels from the BII with the full set of tires still mounted. The tires have a decent amount of tread still. If you are nearby you can pick them up, otherwise you'll have to pay for shipping. If you might be interested then I'll take some pictures tonight so you can see how they look.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

"" wrote: > Need some plain steel wheels for my 1988 Bronco II (had stupid > crome getto > wheels I threw out) > > Junkyard guy says wheels from a 1983 F-150 truck are the same > and wants to > sell me these. 15 inch. $ 15 each > > Are these the same as original Bronco II wheels or is he FOS? > > thank you.

Last I remember Bronco?s had a smaller bolt pattern but salvage yards (good salvage yard) has books and computers to tell them what and what will not interchange.

Reply to
Shakes73