Ashtray removal?

Anyone know how to remove the ashtray on a 2001 SuperCrew? Mine broke (the leaf-stlye spring bracket in the rear) and now gets "Stuck" in the completly closed position. I want to completly remove it so I can dril it and put the spring back on with nut/bolt to fix it. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Reply to
spectrepjcook

Wouldn't it be easier to give up smoking?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Wouldn't it be easier for you to grow a brain?

Have you even noticed that the ashtray is also a cub holder? Oh wait, you probably own a Yugo and are just trolling this group.

As for the original question:

The spring broke off of my ashtray also. Pull the ashtray all the way out until it stops. Underneath will be two plastic tabs that provide the "stop". Pushing on these will allow you to remove the ashtray. A couple of screws hold in the rail assembly. If you are going to try screwing the old spring back on, I suggest removing the rails so you can test the installation and see if the screw interferes with operation.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Perry

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Ewww, what a come back. Pointing out a typo. And top posted to boot. With that kind of intellect, they should be letting you use metal forks and knives soon.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Perry

I don't normally get involved in "spelling wars" but a typo? "P" is way in the upper left of the keyboard. "B" is bottom row middle. That's one hell of a typo. Either that or you've got fingers like sausages.. :)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego