Auto tranny downshift question

On my, new to me, 03 Ranger 3.0, 5spd. auto tranny, when I give it a fair amt. of throttle to make the tranny downshift, there seems to a wait before it does it. Is this normal for this transmission? The transmissions I've had before downshifted pretty quickly. If not normal, what should I be looking at? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

It is setup that way to try to maximize MPG and minimize hunting.

TheSnoMan

Ok, thanks. It is a little annoying, but if it's supposed to be that way I guess I can live with it. -- Paul O. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Paul O.